Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ira Quimby was dubbed I.Q. by his gang because of the initials of his name the and bizarre crimes he committed. After being abandoned by the group, IQ returned to the gang and showed them how he had the intelligence to become the leader of the gang. He did this by building several scientific devices he then used to commit a series of extraordinary crimes that were thwarted by the sudden appearance of Hawkman and Hawkgirl.
Escaping the Hawks, IQ goes to the museum of Midway City looking to find out if there is something there responsible for giving him super intelligence. He soon discovers a stone alien who was responsible for his flashes of genius. He then steals the stone, accidentally leaving behind several fragments. From these fragments, Hawkman is able to deduce that an particular aura of energy was contained in the rock alien. Following a trail of this energy, Hawkman managed to locate and capture the IQ's gang and bring them to justice.
He was one of the many mad scientists taken to live on Oolong Island.
Quimby worked with Prometheus, stealing technologies and in gratitude, Prometheus poisoned him, causing Quimby's brain to regress to that of an infant.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 35 Appearances of Ira Quimby (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Ira Quimby (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Ira Quimby (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ira Quimby (New Earth)
|Hawkman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Hawkman, or his associates Hawkgirl and Hawkwoman. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Hawkman Villains category."