Iron is a liquid metal robot made of Iron with almost limitless shape shifting abilities. He was designed by Dr. William Magnus a brilliant robotic expert along with along with five other robots Platinum, Mercury, Gold, Tin and Lead. These robots were known as the Metal Men.
Together, Iron and the Metal Men embarked on a variety of adventures, their specialty fighting monsters spawned from weird science. Though the Metal Men were repeatedly destroyed, Magnus was always able to rebuild them.
Iron is the strong man of the group, he often combining with Lead to work as a closely knit unit. Fearless and brave Iron has no problems sacrificing himself to the greater good. Iron does not get involved with internal group difficulties and keeps himself apart from in-fighting.
- Chemistry: Iron is an expert in the field of chemistry as it relates to the element of iron.
- Vulnerability to Rust: Iron suffers badly from rust if not protected in some way.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 167 Appearances of Iron (New Earth)
- 9 Images featuring Iron (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Iron (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Iron (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: