Ishtar is a Babylonian Goddess who was worshipped in ancient times. She was her pantheon’s Goddess of Love and drew her power from the magic generated by money being traded for lust and sexual practices within her temples. But, overtime, she lost her worshippers and her temples and she slipped into obscurity.
Thousands of years later, she was reduced to dancing in an American strip club to gather enough subtle worship to survive. Dream and Delirium found her at work in their search for her former lover, Destruction. This awoke old forgotten feelings in her. When she next took the stage, she tapped into her divine power and danced her true dance. The release of her longing destroyed her along with the audience and the strip club.
- Divine Grace: Ishtar has been viewed as a naturally skilled exotic dancer with a uncanny level of grace in her performances
- Seduction: As a goddess of love and sexuality, Ishtar has a divine level of physical attractiveness
- This character is an adaptation of Ishtar, also known as Inanna, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 4 Appearances of Ishtar (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Ishtar (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Ishtar (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ishtar (New Earth)