Ivan was a giant servant of Baron Frankenstein. He was shocked by electricity and was revived with adrenaline, but the dose wasn't enough to bring back his mind. As he became a mindless person, he was manipulated into attacking Frankenstein and terrorizing the village by the Baron's cousin, Count Mettern. When Ivan recovered his mind, he realized how he had been manipulated and dragged Mettern into Frankenstein's laboratory where he blew up the place, killing himself and Mettern at the same time.
- On Earth-Two, Ivan is the real person who was the inspiration for Frankenstein's Monster in Mary Shelly's novel Frankenstein. However, Frankenstein is highly fictionalized -- for example, Ivan is not a being made up of revived corpses, he's just really tall. So it wouldn't be correct to say Ivan is the character from the novel.
- This version of Ivan, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Ivan (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Ivan (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Ivan (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Ivan (Earth-Two)