Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
J'en was but one of hundreds of Green Martians forced into exile following the "Blue Inferno" event that eradicated all life on the planet Mars. She eventually immigrated to a world in the Cygnus system dubbed Mars II.
On Mars II, J'en met and fell in love with fellow Manhunter, J'onn J'onzz. However, when the ambitious soldier known as the Marshal staged a coup against the exiled Martian leaders, J'en decided to throw in with the Marshal. The Marshal proved to be extremely charismatic and J'en believed that he would lead the Martian culture to greater glory. J'onn obviously disagreed with the Marshal's initiative, and because of it, J'en and he were forced to go their separate ways. J'onn learned that the Marshal planned on invading and conquering the planet Earth. He fled Mars II in a shuttle, hoping to reach Earth in time to warn them. The Marshal sent a squad of hunter ships after him, and J'en was one of the pilots in charge of bringing J'onn down. Although J'onn reached the planet Earth, he was unable to prevent the a full-scale war between Earth's forces and the Martian fleet. During the war, J'en realized that she could not bring arms against her former lover, and she sided with him during the final battle between the Martian commander and J'onn J'onzz. When the Marshal was defeated, the remainder of the fleet agreed to return to Mars II. J'onn elected to remain on Earth, but J'en returned to Mars II with her people.
- Martian Physiology
- Extrasensory Input
- Martian Vision
- Malleable Form
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Endurance
- Superhuman Strength
Single-person Martian warship
- This version of J'en, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- In Post-Crisis continuity, her counterpart is M'yri'ah, J'onn's wife.
- In Post-Crisis continuity, Martians do not have any body hair. In Pre-Crisis continuity, only the women typically had hair upon their heads.
- As many Martian names bear phonetic similarities to Anglican Earth names, J'en's name is likely pronounced "Jen", albeit with a distinctive dialect.
- Appearances of J'en (Earth-One)
- Images featuring J'en (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about J'en (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: J'en (Earth-One)
- ↑ The powers and weaknesses listed are based on the common abilities of Martians first demonstrated by J'onn J'onzz. The refrences listed are based on J'onzz as depected in the Earth-One and New Earth continuities.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Detective Comics #225
- ↑ Martian Manhunter #4
- ↑ Detective Comics #226
- ↑ Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) #8
- ↑ JLA #89