J'onn was a founding member of the Justice League. He was the only member who constantly lived in the Watchtower, however he frequented Earth. Upon the destruction of the first Watchtower after repelling the Thanagarian invasion, a new Watchtower was built which he later took residence in. After the Leagues significant expansion, J'onn took the role of the League's official coordinator, keeping watch on a global scale and handing out assignments based on the availability of hero personnel and the best match of abilities to situations However his solitude began to clearly manifest itself. In one instance, he had been in space for 2 years without going back to Earth. Supported by Wonder Woman and Green Arrow, he temporarily resigned his commission to mingle with the people of Earth. In this time, he met a woman and married her.
He eventually returned to active duty during Darkseid's second invasion of Earth.
- Martian Physiology
- Extrasensory Input
- Martian Vision
- Malleable Form
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Strength
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Animated Universe and is an adaptation of J'onn J'onzz. The original character was created by Joseph Samachson and Joe Certa and first appeared in Detective Comics #225.
- J'onn character was voiced by Carl Lumbly.
- J'onn J'onzz does not have dreams when he sleeps.
- Like his comic counterpart, J'onn J'onzz shares his affection for chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Appearances of J'onn J'onzz (DCAU)
- Images featuring J'onn J'onzz (DCAU)
- Quotations by or about J'onn J'onzz (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: J'onn J'onzz (DCAU)
- Martian Manhunter at dccomics.com
- Martian Manhunter at Wikipedia.org
- J'onn J'onzz at the DC Animated Universe Wikia
- ↑ The powers and weaknesses listed are based on the common abilities of Martians first demonstrated by J'onn J'onzz. The refrences listed are based on J'onzz as depected in the Earth-One and New Earth continuities.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Detective Comics #225
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 DC Comics Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Who's Who: Update '88 #2
- ↑ Martian Manhunter #4
- ↑ Detective Comics #226
- ↑ Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) #8
- ↑ JLA #89
- ↑ Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #14
- ↑ Who's Who in the DC Universe #5
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Adventures in the DC Universe #5
- ↑ Justice League Unlimited Episode: Fearful Symmetry
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.