"World Without Grown-Ups": Billy Batson attempts to transform into Captain Marvel, but when he says, "Shazam!" he is transported to a strange limbo in between space where he can see the two separate worlds Bedlam has created — one for
- Now, c'mon, partners! Let's get back to the party! I love to hear Wonder Woman tell me what a great job we did … !
- -- Superboy
Appearing in "World Without Grown-Ups"
- Metallo (as an illusion only)
- Gorilla Grodd (as an illusion only)
- Joker (as an illusion only)
- Captain Carrot (in picture only)
- Red Tornado
- Flash (Barry Allen) (in picture only)
- Black Canary (in picture only)
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) (in picture only)
Synopsis for "World Without Grown-Ups"
Billy Batson attempts to transform into Captain Marvel, but when he says, "Shazam!" he is transported to a strange limbo in between space where he can see the two separate worlds Bedlam has created — one for the adults, and one for the kids. Billy makes his way to the adult world and tells the Justice League what happened. When he mentions the disturbances at Happy Harbor, the League races to their old headquarters, where they discover Bedlam has trapped Captain Marvel to use his child-like imagination and wisdom of Solomon to create the second world for the adults.
Meanwhile, Robin, Superboy and Impulse battle Bedlam in the kid world. Bedlam keeps using the heroes' thoughts to create challenges for them, and Impulse has a hard time clearing his mind. Eventually, he gets the idea to continuously tell Bedlam to reset, as if he were a video game. Unable to create anything, Bedlam loses confidence in himself, and Robin coaxes him into giving up and going to sleep.
The Justice League soon arrives, Bedlam is taken away by the D.E.O., and everything returns to normal. With the day saved, Robin, Superboy and Impulse decide to form their own team.
- Special thanks to Grant Morrison.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss JLA: World Without Grown-Ups Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the JLA: World Without Grown-Ups series
Links and References
- No external links.