"Rock of Ages Prologue: Genesis and Revelations": In Earth orbit, an astronaut is complaining about bug-ridden equipment. STAR Labs claims that a large object is out there with him, but he can see nothing. However, there is something out there with him: something with six unnamed people and
- All the good you have done, we will undo. All the lives you have saved, we will destroy. All that you stand for, we will mock and trample in the dirt. That's unless you want to try to stop us.
- -- "Superman"
Appearing in "Rock of Ages Prologue: Genesis and Revelations"
- The "Revenge Squad"
- Hologram copy of the Batplane
- White Martian jumpship
Synopsis for "Rock of Ages Prologue: Genesis and Revelations"
In Earth orbit, an astronaut is complaining about bug-ridden equipment. STAR Labs claims that a large object is out there with him, but he can see nothing. However, there is something out there with him: something with six unnamed people and a mysterious "Doctor" who can with the flip of a switch, summon the "Revenge Squad": seven purple forms that resemble the founding members of the JLA...
At 11:20am Eastern Standard Time, the Revenge Squad strikes, destroying buildings and not caring who gets hurt. They bill the attack as a direct challenge to the very ideals of the JLA.
In the Watchtower, Martian Manhunter is doing monitor duty with Aztek, the newest member. The JLA responds, Green Lantern going in first, with Superman, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter and Batman coming after him. As Green Arrow brings down "Flash", Aquaman and Green Lantern subdue their counterparts. Superman and Batman work it out: the Revenge Squad are hard light holograms, built by a genius and controlled by a madman.
On the satellite, the villains guess that the truth has been found - the Revenge Squad are holograms created and controlled by them. They decide to wrap it up; they have all the information they need. "Superman" is sent on a suicide run against the JLA, but the real Superman's powers have changed, and he absorbs the power of the hologram. "Martian Manhunter" and "Wonder Woman" are coming for Green Arrow, but some quick thinking from Green Lantern defeats them.
At 11:58am Eastern Standard Time, Martian Manhunter is back at monitor duty. A strange energy field is approaching the Earth from all sides, and he elects to investigate in one of the White Martian spacecraft.
In Star City, the heroes are trying to help and work out the origin of the Revenge Squad, when a man comes out of the crowd to complain that he would be a better Green Lantern than the current guy. Green Lantern tracks down the origin point and finds... nothing but a strange smell. The people in the satellite, who are led by Lex Luthor, have an alien who is doing something to his brain. However, they will not kill him: Luthor will apply the principles of corporate strategy to this fight. He has the right people behind him, he has a strategy... and he has a strange object, like a glowing heart with a blue flame.
In space, Martian Manhunter begins scanning the energy wave. He reacts in abject horror: the Godwave is coming for Earth!
- Wonder Woman is mentioned as having been killed recently. This was at the hands of Neron sometime between this issue and the last.
- Aztek is the JLA's newest member. He joined in Aztek #10.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss JLA Vol 1 10 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the JLA series
- Images from JLA Vol 1 10
- Justice League of America (Volume 1)
- Justice League of America (Volume 2)
- Justice League of America (Volume 3)
- Justice League of America (Volume 4)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 1)
- Justice League International (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 3)
- Justice League Europe (Volume 1)
- Justice League America (Volume 1)
- Justice League Task Force (Volume 1)
- Justice League Quarterly (Volume 1)
- Justice League Dark (Volume 1)
- Extreme Justice (Volume 1)
- Justice League Elite (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Justice League article at Wikipedia
- Justice League page at DC Comics
- Justice League index at DCU Guide
- Justice League at Cosmic Teams
- Justice League page at Toonopedia