Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- The Secret Society didn't endanger the people we love. We did. The minute we chose to spend our lives fighting for justice, we made targets out of everyone we love. And now we want to make the Society pay for the choices we've made? I don't think so. I vote no.
- -- Superman
Appearing in "Crisis of Conscience: Part Four"
Synopsis for "Crisis of Conscience: Part Four"
Back in Metropolis, the League has an informal vote on what to do with the captured Secret Society of Super-Villains. Hawkman is adamantly for removing the heroes' identities from the villains' memories, and Green Arrow and the Flash reluctantly agree. Superman, Green Lantern and Black Canary are all sorely opposed, which throws the deciding vote to Zatanna. Zatanna tells them that her vote is inconsequential, as no matter the outcome she would refuse to wipe anymore minds. Zatanna requests that she be removed from the League's roster, and leaves the group.
The League returns to the Watchtower with the Society, having loosely decided to vote with the Martian Manhunter on whether or not he will perform the memory erases. Unaware of the earlier fight with Despero, they are confused to find the Monitor Room in a state of destruction.
Back in the Batcave, Batman continues to repair Red Tornado's body, while Catwoman stays with him. The cave is invaded by Despero, who has managed to get both Aquaman and the Martian Manhunter in his mental thrall. The two mind-controlled heroes subdue Batman, and Despero gains control of his body as well. Catwoman is left alone in the Batcave facing all four of them.
- This book was first published on September 14, 2005.
- The storyline this issue is a part of, "Crisis of Conscience," revolves around the aftermath of Identity Crisis, but is also a part of the Countdown to Infinite Crisis.
- The mindwipes of the Secret Society of Super-Villains referenced in this issue took place during the storyline "The League That Defeated Itself," in Justice League of America #166-168.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss JLA Vol 1 118 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the JLA series
- Images from JLA Vol 1 118
Links and References
- Justice League article at Wikipedia
- Justice League page at DC Comics
- Justice League index at DCU Guide
- Justice League at Cosmic Teams
- Justice League page at Toonopedia
|Identity Crisis Crossover|
The events from this issue or series are related to Infinite Crisis, and/or any of its surrounding events, including Villains United, the OMAC Project, Rann-Thanagar War and Day of Vengeance. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Infinite Crisis crossovers category.
The events from this issue or series are related to the Mindwipes Storyline, and/or any of its surrounding events, including the League That Defeated Itself, Identity Crisis, and Crisis of Conscience. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Mindwipes Storyline category.