"Strange New World": Adam Strange has captured eight members of the JLA and - with the help of a group of En'Tarans - forces the heroes to rebuild the destroyed cities of Rann. It also seems that [[J'onn J'onzz (New Earth)|Ma
Appearing in "Strange New World"
Synopsis for "Strange New World"
Adam Strange has captured eight members of the JLA and - with the help of a group of En'Tarans - forces the heroes to rebuild the destroyed cities of Rann. It also seems that Martian Manhunter has joined his cause voluntarily. Steel takes the mother box from Orion and uses it to block the telepathy of the En'Tarans. Thus, the JLA is able to defeat Adam Strange and the En'Tarans.
But now Adam and J'onn explain that Adam's behavior was a ploy all along to bring the JLA to Rann and to be able to build a large Zeta Beam projector. This will be the only way to stop the invasion force of the En'Tarans, who also have brought Adam's wife Alanna back from the dead, from using the Zeta Beam technology to conquer even more planets. Together, Adam Strange and the JLA successfully defeat the invaders by using the Zeta Beam projector to teleport them to the prison planet of Takron-Galtos.
Unfortunately, Adam has to leave his wife because he expended all Zeta radiation in his body and, therefore, is forced to return to Earth together with the JLA.
- This issue is reprinted in the JLA: Strength in Numbers trade paperback and the JLA Vol. 3 trade paperback.
- The conclusion with Adam Strange stranded on Earth once again makes little sense in the context of the shared DC Universe, even just taking the JLA all by itself. Last issue, Adam Strange explicitly mentioned Kyle's trip to Rann in Green Lantern Vol. 3 #74. In that issue, Kyle traveled from Earth to Rann simply using the power of his ring. Furthermore, the JLA has the White Martians' jumpships at their disposal, and on top of that, Orion and Big Barda have access to Boom Tubes that can get them as far as Wonderworld, as later seen in JLA #36. Essentially, the only reason none of these methods of taking Adam Strange back to Rann without the need of a Zeta Beam is because the plot demands so.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss JLA Vol 1 21 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the JLA series
Links and References
- No external links.