Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Fire in the Sky": An angel falls from the heavens and is seen as a falling star in the night sky. At the same time, a man in a coma wakes up.
- Your grammar is impeccable Wonder Woman. It appears to have stunned him.
Appearing in "Fire in the Sky"
- Asmodel's Chariot (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Fire in the Sky"
An angel falls from the heavens and is seen as a falling star in the night sky. At the same time, a man in a coma wakes up.
At the JLA Satellite, Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) calls and tells Superman and Flash that he's picked up an alarm call from Martian Manhunter in San Francisco. Flash runs to the teleporter to teleport to San Francisco and gets caught in the teleporter.
In San Francisco, J'onn has found the angel at the bottom of the sea. Three other angels part the sea and prepare to do battle.
Green Lantern arrives in San Francisco and is blasted by one of the three angels. Aquaman arrives and punches one of the angels, sending it flying. He goes off in pursuit. J'onn hits the third angel with a mindblast and Wonder Woman arrives, kicking it in the face.
The JLAers take the first angel to a safer place and ask him to explain what is going on. He tells them his name is Zauriel and he is an angel who recently quit. Now that Zauriel is mortal, he can die. Other angels know that Zauriel knows some things that could be dangerous to them, so they are trying to kill him.
Aquaman leads the Angel chasing him to a rooftop pool. The angel pushes him down through the bottom of the pool and into the building. Just as he is about to be hit by the angel, Zauriel arrives and hits the angel, sending him flying into the opposite wall. Zauriel uses a sonic flash scream that turns the opposing angel into ash.
The Leaguers and Zauriel gather and the sky begins glowing yellow. Zauriel surmises that the angels are trying to enter Earth's plane of existence, which will cause massive destruction.
Meanwhile, Flash is still stuck in the transporter up at the satellite and satellite instruments indicate that the moon is beginning to fall towards Earth.
- No special notes.
Just like the individual issues from the series' initial New World Order story arc were named after classic sci-fi movies, so is this issue, in its case the 1993 film Fire in the Sky.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss JLA Vol 1 6 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the JLA series
- Images from JLA Vol 1 6
- Justice League of America (Volume 1)
- Justice League of America (Volume 2)
- Justice League of America (Volume 3)
- Justice League of America (Volume 4)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 1)
- Justice League International (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 3)
- Justice League Europe (Volume 1)
- Justice League America (Volume 1)
- Justice League Task Force (Volume 1)
- Justice League Quarterly (Volume 1)
- Justice League Dark (Volume 1)
- Extreme Justice (Volume 1)
- Justice League Elite (Volume 1)
Links and References
- No external links.