- Tomorrow has come, dark ones. The day you die.
Appearing in "The Destroyers: Part 1"
- League of Ancients (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Destroyers: Part 1"
At a poker night, Green Lantern is explaining that he recently gave up his cosmic powers as Ion to restart the Green Lantern Corps. As he goes to the fridge, a tidal wave emerges and drowns him and his teammates. A voice tells him that they are "the stillborn children of a dead age". The group is then eaten by a giant raven. However, it is revealed that is is only Green Lantern's dream; one of many recently which ended in death by a giant crow.
The next day, a large mass of sea-life has been washed up in Florida and Green Lantern and Flash are cleaning up. Flash tries to cheer him up, but they are interrupted by the sight of something buried under one of the dead whales. Meanwhile at the Atlantic Trench, Superman is remembering Aquaman when he gets a message from Martian Manhunter - Flash and Green Lantern are under attack. As Superman flies towards Daytona, he hits a distraught Flash, traveling the other way carrying a comatose Green Lantern. They were attacked by a foe who counteracted them both with terrible precision, and all they got was a chunk of armor. Green Lantern is still comatose, and Flash vows bloody vengeance upon the attacker.
The chunk of armor is carbon-dated to 3000 years old, but the piece has no wear. It is decorated with Aztec glyphs that match no known gods, and its inside is soaked in children's blood. Finding a set of missing children cases in Florida within the past hour, they track their opponent to a theme park, apparently standing on top of the roller coaster. However, this is a decoy, and the armored antagonist has converted the roller coaster into a giant cannon, and uses its passengers to distract the Justice League while he runs over the Martian Manhunter with the airborne carts. He further incapacitates the Martian Manhunter by luring him into a psychic trap. Batman realises that the attacker has planned this, and further anticipates that the attacker will have back-up.
The Justice League are attacked by a vast unkindness of ravens, which distracts, bewilders and (in the case of Superman) chokes them. Out of the cloud steps a mysterious shaman, who recites a prophecy and states "Tomorrow has come, dark ones. The day you die."
- This is the first contact with the Obsidian Age prophecy: "Ride the wind forward to tomorrow. Wait upon a metal mountain with it's serpent heart, and they will come...Destroyers. World shakers. When they reveal their black hearts, stab at them with the righteous fury of the earth."
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss JLA Vol 1 66 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the JLA series
- Justice League of America (Volume 1)
- Justice League of America (Volume 2)
- Justice League of America (Volume 3)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 1)
- Justice League International (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 3)
- Justice League Europe (Volume 1)
- Justice League America (Volume 1)
- Justice League Task Force (Volume 1)
- Justice League Quarterly (Volume 1)
- Justice League Dark (Volume 1)
- Extreme Justice (Volume 1)
- Justice League Elite (Volume 1)
Links and References
- No external links.