Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Perchance...": In Gotham City, Wonder Woman and Batman team-up to make quick work of a low-level super-villain called Steel Fang making an escape. The two crime fighters manage to exchange playful flirtations as they capture the criminal and make an appointment to finally have their "talk" abou
- I know the facts. He would be proud of me for that. He's brilliant. He's driven. A warrior in the classic sense. He's also terrifying. Borderline obsessed. Thriving in a darkness I forsook ages ago. He is stubborn, rude, and ruthless, and when we're working side by side, I find myself... fighting even harder. Always as an equal. Then... that kiss. That stupid kiss, literally before dying... that has plagued us both. Was it simply a moment shared by warriors on the battlefield? Or a desperate attempt to reconcile years of emotion in a fleeting heartbeat? It's time for an answer. Damn you.
- -- Wonder Woman
Appearing in "Perchance..."
- Amazons (In dream sequence only)
Synopsis for "Perchance..."
In Gotham City, Wonder Woman and Batman team-up to make quick work of a low-level super-villain called Steel Fang making an escape. The two crime fighters manage to exchange playful flirtations as they capture the criminal and make an appointment to finally have their "talk" about the kiss they shared a year ago.
Later, despite the Watchtower being under renovations, Wonder Woman climbs into J'onn J'onzz's Transconscience Articulator to see if she really wants to be with Batman before sitting down to confront him. Instantaneously, she is transported to a future on Themyscira where she hasn't aged a day but Bruce Wayne is old and confined to a wheel chair. They stroll along the seaside and chat lovingly about the Batman's last days. But the dream turns to a nightmare and Diana finds herself fighting crime side by side with the urban crime fighter clad in "bat" gear of her own. She violently takes a wife beater with extreme prejudice. A quick view of Diana in Bruce's world and a quick view of Bruce in Diana's provide "odd couple" hi-jinx among a CEO and Greek goddess.
Just as Diana thinks she's been awoken from her dreams she's plunged back into a vision of her and the Dark Knight battling side by side. Then she's transported to a horrific last stand against the Joker, who kills her lover and so she ends his life. High atop a bridge in another lifetime Diana cries silently to herself as Bruce offers a calming hand. The Olympian gods have denied her request to bear children. Regardless their love is without bounds and they will make this work.
Diana finally awakens from her dream, for real this time, and Bruce is waiting for her. After her deep soul search they agree to remain friends. The potential for greatness and disaster is too much and Diana isn't willing to risk their friendship.
- This book was first published on November 26, 2003.
- Batman and Wonder Woman shared a kiss together during Obsidian Age.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss JLA Vol 1 90 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the JLA series
- Images from JLA Vol 1 90
- Justice League of America (Volume 1)
- Justice League of America (Volume 2)
- Justice League of America (Volume 3)
- Justice League of America (Volume 4)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 1)
- Justice League International (Volume 2)
- Justice League International (Volume 3)
- Justice League Europe (Volume 1)
- Justice League America (Volume 1)
- Justice League Task Force (Volume 1)
- Justice League Quarterly (Volume 1)
- Justice League Dark (Volume 1)
- Extreme Justice (Volume 1)
- Justice League Elite (Volume 1)