"Nightfall (Part II of II)": Following Mircea’s attack on Doctor Mid-Nite, a throng of his followers descends upon Pieter’s body. Mid-Nite fights back, but Mircea bites him once again and leaves him in the alley.
- Have faith, Pieter. Faith in science. It'll show you the way through this mystery.
Appearing in "Nightfall (Part II of II)"
Synopsis for "Nightfall (Part II of II)"
Following Mircea’s attack on Doctor Mid-Nite, a throng of his followers descends upon Pieter’s body. Mid-Nite fights back, but Mircea bites him once again and leaves him in the alley.
Doctor Mid-Nite wakes up inside of his Portsmouth City laboratory. Mister Terrific is present and uses Cross' equipment to patch him back up. Mid-Nite is convinced that Mircea is not a true vampire. He takes a sample of Mircea's blood from one his throwing darts and examines it. After several hours, Pieter concludes that Mircea is a victim of the same A39 steroid that took away his sight. One of the possible side-effects includes an alteration of skin pigmentation. At the very least, he has enough data to show that Mircea is not a vampire.
Doctor Mid-Nite and Charlie go back out on patrol and hunt around Mircea's known feeding grounds. Charlie rakes his shoulder, and Mid-Nite distracts him with a blinding strobe pellet. He then hurls several throwing darts at him, striking him in the arms and legs. Mircea pulls them free and flings them back at him. The two begin fighting up close, and Mid-Nite injects him with Rocuronium, which induces temporary paralysis. He then remands him to the care of the Portsmouth City Mental Institution.
Mid-Nite visits Mircea's room the following day dressed in civilian attire. He tries to explain to Mircea that he is not a vampire, but Mircea tells him that he doesn’t know where the myths end and where the truth begins. He further tells them that they are connected to one another. Mid-Nite leaves the hospital unsatisfied and years to find all of the answers to his questions concerning Mircea’s claims to vampirism.
- This book was first published on March 28, 2007.
- No special notes.
- Doctor Mid-Nite's hair is colored light brown in this issue when it is typically colored black.
- JSA cover art gallery
- Justice Society of America
- Justice Society image gallery
- Justice Society of America roster
- Justice Society of America Rogues Gallery
- Doctor Mid-Nite image gallery
- Doctor Mid-Nite appearances list
- Mister Terrific appearances list
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss JSA Classified Vol 1 24 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the JSA Classified series
- Images from JSA Classified Vol 1 24
Links and References
- JSA Classified series index at the Grand Comics Database
- JSA Classified series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Justice Society of America article at Wikipedia
- Doctor Mid-Nite article at Wikipedia
- Doctor Mid-Nite profile at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe