- Trust ol' Johnny. If a Thunderbolt's real, so are ghosts.
Appearing in "Who's Afraid of Ghosts?"
- Yz, the Thunderbolt
Synopsis for "Who's Afraid of Ghosts?"
It's One Year Later, and the Justice Society of America are seeing ghosts. Joan Garrick sees her dead father Arthur Williams, a newly confident Jakeem Thunder sees his dead brother Jimmy, Mister Terrific and Stargirl see Mister Terrific's dead wife Paula Holt, and Doctor Mid-Nite sees the ghosts of many of the patients he has failed to save. When Green Lantern arrives at an informal JSA meeting with his own ghost story, they realize that they are not simply hallucinating.
Meanwhile, in flashbacks to 1800s England, we see the story of a young boy named Jim. Born the illegitimate son of a noble father, forced to work as a peasant despite his breeding, he vows that he and his mother will live a life of nobility. That somehow, he will become wealthy. The connection of this tale to the ghostly appearances is revealed when a visitor crashes the JSA meeting: none other than James Craddock, the Gentleman Ghost, promising death!
- This book was first published on March 1, 2006.
- This issue received a second printing on April 5th, 2006 with a black and white cover.
- Green Lantern is skeptical of ghosts, since magic has not been working since the events of Infinite Crisis. However, Yz points out that he still exists, indicating magic must remain in some way.
- Mister Terrific suggests calling The Spectre, but Flash dissuades him, commenting that the Spectre has changed since the Day of Vengeance.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss JSA Vol 1 83 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the JSA series
Links and References
- No external links.
The events from this issue take place one year after the events of the 2006 limited series Infinite Crisis. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: 1 Year Later Crossover.