Jack Crane was a member of the Gotham City Police Department until he became involved in an accident which cost an innocent youngster the life. Crane claims he was tracking an arsonist until he found a burning building. While allegedly struggling with a young criminal, Crane shot him in the back and a large part of the building came on top of him. Crane survived, but his face was horrendously scarred. In later investigations, internal affairs of the GCPD couldn't find evidence of the arsonist and they removed Crane from the force due to use of excessive force.
For years, Crane held a grudge against the members of the board who removed him and his former partners. Crane eventually adopted the identity of Savage Skull and started killing his former partners. His final target was Commissioner Gordon, but he was stopped by Batman during his first attempt to murder Gordon.
Crane was presumed dead and Gordon closed the case, but a few weeks later, Harvey Bullock reopened the case and located Crane, who was a past friend during their training days at the GCPD. Crane attaked Bullock, who was saved by Gordon and in turn, they were both saved by Batman, who defeated Savage Skull. Bullock then proceeded to arrest the killer and took the entire credit for the capture.
- This version of Savage Skull, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Jack Crane (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Jack Crane (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Jack Crane (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Jack Crane (Earth-One)
|GCPD Officer |
This character is or was an officer of, or held a title in the Gotham City Police Department, in any of its various incarnations. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "GCPD members" and "Police Officers" categories.