Jackie Johnson grew up in the early half of the 20th century and was a former boxing champion. During World War II, he enlisted in the armed services and served in the military detachment known as Easy Company.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Jackie Johnson is based on an amalgamation of Jackie Robinson and Joe Louis both of whom were sportsmen and had served in World War II. Also notable is that Jackie Johnson is one of the first non-stereotypical African-American characters in comics.
- 60 Appearances of Jackie Johnson (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Jackie Johnson (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Jackie Johnson (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jackie Johnson (New Earth)
- Jackie Johnson at dccomics.com
- Jackie Johnson at Wikipedia.org
- Medical Review of Our Army at War #160, discusses racism and the character of Jackie Johnson
- The Racial Justice Experience: Diversity in the DC Universe: 1961-1979