Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
- I feel like a prisoner in my own life. I want to understand why I'm like this--who I really am... but my mother won't tell me anything about my father. I want to stop hiding myself... but I've grown up in a place where "different" is a bad word. I want to soak myself in water... but I live in an ocean of sand. I want to escape this prison... and start something new.
- -- Jackson Hyde src
Jackson Hyde is a gay teenager with a homophobic mother, who avoids telling him about his real father. She does not allow him to use his hydrokinetic powers even when he is alone, just as she did not like that he had bleached his hair.
Jackson also had a boyfriend named Kenny, who was startled when he showed him his powers. Not counting on even the support of the people he loves, the boy left New Mexico with the objective of joining the Teen Titans at Titans Tower in San Francisco.
Decided to join the team, Jackson tried to "audition" but was rejected by Robin, who considered that the Titans were already perfect with the members he had chosen, although the other members did not agree to it. However, when facing King Shark, a super-villain capable of living and fighting underwater, Jackson's powers proved very useful: he saved Robin's life, defeated the villain, and helped rescue his hostages (at that time, he discovered that he could develop gills and breathe underwater). Thanks to this, Robin decided to give Jackson a chance as an experiment, gifting him a hydro suit originally designed for himself, the now Aqualad costume.
- Jackson's map necklace
- Pickup truck
- Jackson Hyde was created by Greg Weisman, Brandon Vietti, and Phil Bourassa, first appearing in Brightest Day #4. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Jackson Hyde first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in DC Universe: Rebirth #1 by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank.
- Jackson plays soccer in center-midfield. His favorite subject is Math and his favorite band is A Tribe Called Quest.
- 9 Appearances of Jackson Hyde (Prime Earth)
- 10 Images featuring Jackson Hyde (Prime Earth)
- 4 Quotations by or about Jackson Hyde (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jackson Hyde (Prime Earth)
|Aquaman Family member|
This character is or was an ally of Aquaman, and a member of the Aqua-Family and/or its supporting cast. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Aquaman Supporting Cast" category. See also: Aquaman Villains.
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.