Wanted for murder, Jake Simmons fled from police on an airplane, through the middle of a storm. His plane was hit by a lightning bolt and then crashed into a meteor crater.
Found by the Ultra-Humanite, Simmons is used as a guinea pig for him, that puts an electrical room in the battery. As a result, his body turned into a living battery, dubbed "Deathbolt," he became an ally of Ultra-Humanite, until his defeat to the All-Star Squadron.
- Electrokinesis: Deathbolt's body functions as a living electromagnetic battery. He can absorb, channel, and redirect electricity for offensive attack.
- Aviation: Deathbolt possesses at least a rudimentary knowledge of aviation. He was piloting an airplane that was struck by lightning shortly before coming into the care of the Ultra-Humanite.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 18 Appearances of Jake Simmons (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Jake Simmons (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Jake Simmons (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jake Simmons (New Earth)
- Deathbolt at dccomics.com
- Deathbolt at Wikipedia.org
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe VI
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.