When, seven years after the fight against Darkseid, Lois Lane was about to enter Perry White's office, Jimmy stopped and warned her that it was not a good idea to speak to their editor. He then asked for Lois' opinion regarding photos that he had taken of Superman. Lois told him that while the color and lighting are fine, they lacked the drama and awe worthy of Superman. She then reminded Jimmy "Your brother left big shoes for you to fill, Olsen. I know you're up to the task", leaving Jimmy to smile proudly back at her.
When Clark traveled to the future through a Legion Ring to the year 2017, he found that Jimmy Olsen was a photographer. This was according to his name in the byline of a headline article in the Daily Planet.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and is an adaptation of Jimmy Olsen. The original character was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and first appeared in Action Comics #6.
- The younger version of Jimmy Olsen was portrayed by Ryan Harder. The older version of Jimmy was portrayed by the actor Aaron Ashmore, who also played Henry James Olsen.
Clark Kent's Dream
One episode had a sequence where Clark dreamed about the Daily Planet in the year 2013. During a plane crash in the dream, Lois Lane yells at an "Olsen" to have his camera ready, telling him that he'd better be getting every pixel of the event. The person she was yelling at was not depicted in the sequence. Since it was a dream sequence, the "Olsen" may have been either of the brothers.
- 3 Appearances of James Bartholomew Olsen (Smallville)
- 2 Images featuring James Bartholomew Olsen (Smallville)
- Quotations by or about James Bartholomew Olsen (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: James Bartholomew Olsen (Smallville)
|Smallville television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: Smallville Characters.|
Daily Planet Staff member