- The supernatural? Old wives' tales, to frighten children! No. We may be seeking a maniac -- but I'd wager he's a human maniac. And somehow, I'm going to catch him!
- -- Commissioner Gordon src
Commissioner Gordon was a police officer in Gotham City. His time was mostly spent pursuing the crimelord Killer Croc. When Croc's henchmen began showing up dead, he started tracking the bat-demon Etrigan. He was also shown to know Bruce Wayne, who was secretly responsible for containing Etrigan. Following Etrigan's murder of the apothecary Poison Ivy, the GCPD decided to set an ambush for him. They attacked while he was fighting Catwoman and Croc. Etrigan murdered Catwoman, Croc, Gordon, and all of his men.
- 1 Appearances of James Gordon (A Tragedy)
- 1 Images featuring James Gordon (A Tragedy)
- 1 Quotations by or about James Gordon (A Tragedy)
- Character Gallery: James Gordon (A Tragedy)
|The Demon supporting cast|
This character has been an ally or antagonist to either The Demon Etrigan or his counterpart Jason Blood in any of their various incarnations.
|GCPD Officer |
This character is or was an officer of, or held a title in the Gotham City Police Department, in any of its various incarnations. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "GCPD members" and "Police Officers" categories.
|Elseworlds Character |
This character exists within an Elseworlds continuity, and as such is not a part of the mainstream DC Universe; they may also exist within the 52 Multiverse. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Elseworlds Characters."