James Gordon was the police commissioner of Gotham City and a stalwart champion of the actions of Batman and Robin whom he considered the city's best defense against crime. Gordon often doled out orders to his police chief, O'Hara, who held the Dynamic Duo in the same high regard as Gordon.
Gordon's family life was intrinsicaly tied to Batman and Robin's, though he was unaware of it. His daughter, Barbara, sometimes adventured as the masked hero, Batgirl. Gordon almost became the reluctant father-in-law to the Penguin who sought to marry Barbara Gordon, thinking that having a family connection to the police commissioner might earn him immunity from his crimes. The wedding never took place however, much to Gordon's delight. 
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
This individual does not possess any superhuman capabilities.
- The role of Commissioner Gordon was played by Neil Hamilton on the 1966 Batman television series and the Batman feature film.
- Commissioner Gordon's first name was never mentioned in the TV series or movie. However, the latter-day DC Comics tie-in Batman '66 confirmed it as "James", like his mainstream DC Universe counterpart, in issue #4.
- 42 Appearances of James Gordon (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 1 Images featuring James Gordon (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 2 Quotations by or about James Gordon (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Character Gallery: James Gordon (Batman 1966 TV Series)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|1966-1968 Batman television series and the 1966 Batman feature film. This template will categorize articles that include it into Batman TV Series Characters.|
|GCPD Officer |
This character is or was an officer of, or held a title in the Gotham City Police Department, in any of its various incarnations. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "GCPD members" and "Police Officers" categories.