James Gordon was the police commissioner of Gotham City during the time Batman worked as a crimefighter. At first he saw Batman as a vigilante working outside the law, but after the defeat of Jack Napier as the Joker, he developed a trust with the Batman to the point where he was in charge of activating the Bat signal in order to contact him whenever he was needed.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the Burtonverse film series and is an adaptation of James Gordon. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane and first appeared in Detective Comics #27.
- This version of the character was portrayed by Pat Hingle in all Burtonverse-related Batman movies.
- 9 Appearances of James Gordon (Burtonverse)
- 2 Images featuring James Gordon (Burtonverse)
- Quotations by or about James Gordon (Burtonverse)
- Character Gallery: James Gordon (Burtonverse)
|GCPD Officer |
This character is or was an officer of, or held a title in the Gotham City Police Department, in any of its various incarnations. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "GCPD members" and "Police Officers" categories.