- When you get to my age young man, you don't miss anything. Unless maybe it's a good drink of bourbon. Even that doesn't make much difference 'cause there hasn't been any good bourbon in this country for twenty years.
- -- Jim Gordon src
James Gordon was the Commissioner of the Gotham City Police Department, and held a close personal relationship with eccentric millionaire Bruce Foster Wayne. He was interviewed by reporter Clark Kent after Wayne's death, although he wasn't able to shed any light on the mogul's last words. He seemed to have a lot of respect for Wayne, but also believed he was very self-absorbed.
- DC Comics has published two different and unrelated Elseworlds stories titled Citizen Wayne. The first was written by Mark Waid and Brian Augustyn with art by Joe Staton, published in 1994's Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Annual #4. The second is a collaboration between Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Gaydos, published in 2000's Batman Chronicles #21. They are both clear references to the classic 1941 film Citizen Kane.
- 1 Appearances of James Gordon (Citizen Wayne Chronicles)
- 2 Images featuring James Gordon (Citizen Wayne Chronicles)
- 1 Quotations by or about James Gordon (Citizen Wayne Chronicles)
- Character Gallery: James Gordon (Citizen Wayne Chronicles)
|GCPD Officer |
This character is or was an officer of, or held a title in the Gotham City Police Department, in any of its various incarnations. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "GCPD members" and "Police Officers" categories.
|Elseworlds Character |
This character exists within an Elseworlds continuity, and as such is not a part of the mainstream DC Universe; they may also exist within the 52 Multiverse. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Elseworlds Characters."