Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
James Jesse was a psychotic mass murderer whom Megan Lockhart, the private investigator who discovered that Barry Allen was the Flash, had a run-in with when she was operating as a repo man, who was nearly killed by Jesse when the Flash came to her rescue.
Jesse was then turned into the police, but soon escaped his captors and drove to Central City where he remade himself into the masked menace known as the Trickster, playing all sorts of dangerous practical jokes in order to rescue his "sweetheart" Megan from the "hypnotic influences" of the Flash. The Trickster captured both Megan and Barry at his hideout in an abandoned warehouse and attempted to drown Barry inside a water tank, which he managed to escape by using his super speed powers. The Flash then drew the Trickster into attending the Central City Police Department's charity costume ball and used a super speed one-man juggling act to take him down, causing him to be brought into the custody of the local police.
Later on, James Jesse escaped with the help of Zoey Clark, a fan who offered herself as the official version of his sidekick Prank as well as her resources. Jesse and Clark then captured the Flash, with Jesse using a brainwashing machine to make the Flash into his ally. However, Jesse showed little interest in having anything to do with Clark other than using her for her resources. After dumping Clark out of a trailer truck so that she would be apprehended by the police, Jesse tried to stop the restored Flash by dumping exploding cars in his wake, but was ultimately captured and brought back into custody again.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The Flash and is an adaptation of James Jessie/The Trickster. The original character was created by John Broome and Carmine Infantino and first appeared in The Flash #113.
- The Trickster was portrayed by Mark Hamill, who later voiced the same character in the Justice League Unlimited episode "Flash and Substance". Hamill would go on to play the Trickster yet again in the 2014 series The Flash startin with the episode "Tricksters", which also reused some images from his appearances in this series to serve as flashbacks.
- 4 Appearances of James Jesse (Flash 1990 TV Series)
- 3 Images featuring James Jesse (Flash 1990 TV Series)
- Quotations by or about James Jesse (Flash 1990 TV Series)
- Character Gallery: James Jesse (Flash 1990 TV Series)