Janos Prohaska of Poland became a world-renowned pilot during the Spanish Civil War. After the Nazis invaded his home country, he, now known as Blackhawk, joined with several of his friends to combat them as the Blackhawk Squadron.
- The character was named in tribute to the Hungarian-American actor and stunt performer "Janos Prohaska" who appeared on many American television programs in the 1960s.
- The name "Janos Prohaska" is not an entirely correct Polish name. There is no such Polish name as "Janos"; a more Polish name would be "Janusz". Also, the name "Prohaska" does not sound Polish; it looks more Czech or Slovenian.
- Action Comics Weekly
- Blackhawk (Volume 1)
- Blackhawk (Volume 2)
- Blackhawk (Volume 3)
- Secret Origins (Volume 1) #6
- Secret Origins (Volume 2) #45
- Uncle Sam Quarterly
- 67 Appearances of Janos Prohaska (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Janos Prohaska (New Earth)
- 4 Quotations by or about Janos Prohaska (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Janos Prohaska (New Earth)
- Blackhawk at dccomics.com
- Blackhawk at Wikipedia.org
- Blackhawk article at Wikipedia
- Blackhawk article at Toonopedia
- Blackhawk profile at Comicbookdb.com
- Blackhawk article at International Hero
- Blackhawk profile at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Blackhawk (Volume 3) Annual #1
- DC Comics Encyclopedia
|Seven Soldiers of Victory member|
This character is or was a member of the Seven Soldiers of Victory, or the Seven Soldiers in any of its various incarnations, created during World War II and later, it returned to battle time-traveling, dimension-spanning mysteries and monsters.