Jay Garrick operated as the "mystery man" known as the Flash during World War II as a member of the Justice Society of America, fighting alongside them against the likes of the Ultra-Humanite who at the time was in the guise of actress Dolores Winters. During the war, he and "Happy" Terrill (The Ray) were in the Philippines during General McCarthy's "inital push" in 1942 when the Nazi super-agent Parsifal showed up. After the war, Garrick chose to retire from the superhero business and married his long-time girlfriend. In 1950, he attended the rally in Washington, D.C. where all costumed superheroes were to appear by Presidential decree to show their loyalty. During the rally, Joan Dale (Miss America) publicly exposed Tex Thompson as being the Ultra-Humanite and attempted to also expose Dynaman as being Adolf Hitler in Daniel Dunbar's body when the Ultra-Humanite had Robert Crane (Robotman) silence her by murdering her in public. Rex Tyler (Hourman) took over for Joan Dale in the exposure of both Thompson and Dunbar, causing Dynaman to show his true colors and to attack the various superheroes present. It is not known how involved Garrick was in the battle with Dynaman, or if he survived it.
- This version of the character is native to the JSA: The Golden Age series of stories, mostly appearing as a cameo character.
- 2 Appearances of Jason Garrick (JSA: The Golden Age)
- 2 Images featuring Jason Garrick (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Quotations by or about Jason Garrick (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Character Gallery: Jason Garrick (JSA: The Golden Age)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: