Very little is known about Jay Garrick's early life. At some point in his youth, he gained the ability to move at speeds far greater, than an ordinary man. Eventually, he assumed the identity of the Flash and became a founding member of the Justice Society of America.
He was later framed by a government agency and charged for fraud and resisting arrest. Jay and the rest of his JSA teammates were arrested in their civilian identities and sent to jail. Neither Jay nor anyone else in the group was convicted due to a massive lack of evidence and was later released. Unfortunately the arrests caused the JSA to split up and go into retirement. The Government also broke Jay's leg, but he refused to heal it with his ability so the Speed Demon would not haunt him anymore. After these events, Jay moved to a house in the middle of Utah were he lived for many years.
Years later, his old friend and teammate Carter Hall visited him because he wanted to reunite the JSA but Jay turned down Carter's offer. Nearly two years later, Jay was tracked down by Bart Allen, the boy who stole his identity a few years back, and Clark Kent because they were looking for a way to help Bart with the Speed Demon. Jay quickly revealed that the Speed Demon is hungry for the speed of the Speedsters and it only did not take him, because he stopped running. That was not an option for Bart so he helped Clark battling the Speed Demon in Las Vegas, only to destroy the Speed Demon once and for all-- which presumably cost Bart his own life. After Bart's sacrifice, Jay met Clark at the JSA brownstone museum where they talked about Carter and Bart. Clark told Jay not to blame himself for all those things that happened but Jay felt like he should have done something against the Speed Demon years ago.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and is an adaptation of Jay Garrick/Flash. The original character was created by Gardner Fox and Harry Lampert and first appeared in Flash Comics #1.
- Jay Garrick was portrayed by Billy Mitchell. It was a non-speaking role.
- Jay Garrick's name was mentioned in the episode "Run", a picture of Jay as a part of the JSA and a short video footage was seen in the episode "Absolut Justice, Part I" but he did not actually appear until Smallville Season 11 #11.
- 7 Appearances of Jason Garrick (Smallville)
- 7 Images featuring Jason Garrick (Smallville)
- 1 Quotations by or about Jason Garrick (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Jason Garrick (Smallville)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Smallville television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: Smallville Characters.|
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
Justice Society of America member
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.