Jason is the son of circus acrobats killed by a criminal (the Killer Croc) and is later adopted by Bruce Wayne. During a case involving The Joker, Jason briefly dyed his hair black and dressed as Robin to assist Batman. Following this adventure, Jason became Batman's new partner and wore his circus costume to fight crime. During a leave of absence from the Teen Titans, Dick showed up and gave the Robin costume to Jason, passing the torch.
At that point, Jason dyes his hair black permanently. Beginning his career as Robin, Jason feels disappointed that the credit for his actions are attributed to "Robin" and not him. However, under Batman's tutelage, Jason blossoms into a strong partner. Todd remains unfailingly cheerful and assists Batman in cases against Scarecrow, Catman, and Two-Face. When Batman and Catwoman spark up a partnership, Jason feels left out and rejected. Angry, he neglects his Robin duties and starts dating a girl from school. However, being in a relationship helps Jason to understand love a bit better and he accepts Batman's feelings towards Catwoman.
Possibly the greatest danger to the new Batman and Robin partnership came from Natalia Knight, who formed a close bond with Jason and eventually legally adopted him. However, Natalia was also the criminal Nocturna, and after she was seriously wounded and disappeared following an altercation with her former partner the Night Slayer, Jason would see her die in th crisis.
- This version of Jason Todd (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- even though this version of Jason Todd is refered to as the precrisis Jason that isn't an acurate title because Jason remainded unchanged by the crisis and was rebooted in 1987 after the success of Batman: Year One.
- Jason dyes his hair black.
- 106 Appearances of Jason Todd (Earth-One)
- 3 Images featuring Jason Todd (Earth-One)
- 4 Quotations by or about Jason Todd (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Jason Todd (Earth-One)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.