Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Blue Jay was a former member of the Champions of Angor. His real name was Jay Abrams. He could shrink to seven inches tall, and grow blue wings which allowed him to fly. He survived the destruction of his home world of Angor, then he came to Earth, where he was a member of the Justice League for a while, and was even the leader of the European branch of the League.
Blue Jay was frequently regarded during his tenure in the JLI as its weakest member, and was often treated as an inferior hero who spent most of his time wracked with self-doubt. At one point, he was flung into the future and turned down for membership to the Legion of Super Heroes because he was "just Shrinking Violet with Wings". His inclusion as a member of the Legion of Substitute Heroes only became the newest version of a punchline that kept getting repeated ad nausea.
Following the death of Silver Sorceress, Blue Jay became the sole survivor of Angor. He was kidnapped by acquisitive aliens, along with several other metahumans (including Superman, Livewire, and Aquaman). He and the others were able to escape and stop the aliens.
Blue Jay was later abducted by the New Gods doppleganger Doctor Impossible and the Crime Syndicate of Amerika, and was used as a component in a Multiversal machine that they had planned to use to resurrect Darkseid. This plot went awry when the machine instead gave birth to a new villain calling himself Omega Man. During the subsequent battle between the JLA and Omega Man, Blue Jay was rescued from his prison by Supergirl. After defeating Omega Man and banishing the Syndicate to their respective universe, Blue Jay chose to fly off into the Multiverse, as he explained that while he was never respected or considered useful on Earth, there might be another Earth out there where he could finally become a true hero.
- Flight: Blue Jay can sustained directional winged flight under his own willpower.
- Size Alteration: Blue Jay can reduce his size and mass to less than seven inches tall and three pounds (approximately the size of a small bird like his namesake). He can return to his normal size through a conscious act of will.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Blue Jay was originally created as a parody of the Marvel Comics character Ant-Man.
- 51 Appearances of Jay Abrams (New Earth)
- 10 Images featuring Jay Abrams (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Jay Abrams (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jay Abrams (New Earth)
- Blue Jay at dccomics.com
- Blue Jay (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Blue Jay at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.