Jean-Louis Droo, Haïtian-born but schooled in America, worked as a computer scientist for a large Silicon Valley computer company until the news of his father's impending death brought the young scientist back to the land of his birth. Once home, Droo found modern medicine was unable to aid his father and that the only hope was a local "houngan", a voodoo master.
Droo watched in fascination as the houngan completely cured his father's illness. Soon Droo became a virtual voodoo fanatic, devoting every waking hour to learning all there was to know about the ancient art.
Within two years Droo became a voodoo master, but unlike his teachers, Droo merged the ancient voodoo rituals with modern computer science. Calling himself "Houngan" Droo, uses an electronic needle-stylus and a computerized voodoo doll to create terrors the old voodoo houngans could never have imagined.
Since then, Houngan and the Brotherhood of Evil have opposed the New Teen Titans on numerous occasions. Houngan is a proud man who loyally follows the Brain because he respects the Brain's leadership abilities.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 34 Appearances of Jean-Louis Droo (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Jean-Louis Droo (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Jean-Louis Droo (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jean-Louis Droo (New Earth)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Teen Titans, the Titans, or any of the other various Titans incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Titans Villains" category.