Jeremy Stone spent the early years of his life unaware that he was not entirely human. However, when Jeremy discovered his heritage and his ability to transform into a giant being of superhuman strength, he joined the intergalactic war between the Kherubim and Daemonites, becoming a member of the WildC.A.T.s. and using the codename Maul.
When the WildC.A.T.s traveled to Khera, the Kherubim native homeworld, he discovered his ancestors made up part of a caste of artesans who were the original Kheran natives (now called Titanthropes), but were dislocated to the subterraneans by another alien race.
There, he fell in love with another Titanthrope, a woman named Glingo. She gave her life to prevent an attack using bombs planned by the Coda. They intended to frame the Titanthropes, but the plan was exposed and the bomb killed her. This was a serious emotional blow to Maul. Later, when the team returned to Earth, he quit the WildC.A.T.s to become a professor. At the end of the first series he came back, but soon left when Zealot was apparently killed.
In the second series, it was revealed he could increase his intelligence by decreasing his body mass, but this proved to be physically depleting. Jeremy has devoted himself to science and has shown some reluctance to use his superhuman powers these days. He also started a relationship with Voodoo. He was nearly blind after Samuel Smith's attack, but eventually recovered.
His relationship with Voodoo has ended recently; an aspect of her telepathic powers is that they increase with physical intimacy, and Voodoo's willingness to be intimate with other men to use them was, despite his protests, not something Jeremy could cope with. The break-up fight was ended when Pricilla intentionally angered him to the point that he grew in size. With the resulting loss of intellect that comes with his size growth, he forgot they were fighting, and she took the opportunity to leave.
Following Armageddon, Jeremy spends great amounts of time in his decreased mass form, trying to develop a way to recreate the Halo batteries that the team no longer has access to in light of Spartan losing his void powers. He was increasingly jealous of the seemingly close relationship that Voodoo has with Spartan. This became true when Jeremy privately and dejectedly saw them embracing each other. After battling Lord Defile, Jeremy ended his jealously as he saw that being coupled with Voodoo wouldn't work out in the end. Instead, he amended his relationship with her as friends.
Jeremy ventured with the Wildcats in stopping former Wildcats member, Tao, and was gifted a new and improve costume based on his original attire by Max Faraday. When the Authority summoned many of Earth's heroes to UnLondon and were notified of being able to leave Earth on the Carrier, Maul chose to stay on Earth. He soon then joined in Earth's war against the militant Knights of Khera and fought his Titanthrope counterparts, Phobos and Deimos. Despite the Titanthropes' experience and reputation as notorious warriors, Maul was able to kill them by bashing their skulls against each other from learning to "fight dirty" from Grifter. Jeremy later left the Wildcats with Zealot as he agreed with her disagreement over Spartan's plan in uniting humanity rather than helping to build a planetary army for humanity to defend itself. Also it was the deaths of the Titanthropes which stymied him to take no pleasure of and for his leaving.
Following the three month period of Earth's reconstruction, Jeremy had go along with Zealot's plan in creating a new Coda by having female volunteers to be artificially impregnated to create more female warriors through Kheran technology. However, this experimentation process endanger the lives of some of the volunteers given that it is only suited to Kherubims. Jeremy shared his concerns on this to Zealot, which she steadfastly accept this much to his shock. At this point, Midnighter infiltrated the Coda's ward and was then confronted by Jeremy as Maul. Midnighter easily subdued him before telling him of Zealot's intentions, whom the former was appalled and disgusted to find Jeremy to even go along with this plan. Subsequently, Zealot and Midnighter battled each other. When their fight almost had them ending both of their lives, Maul, mixed with guilt and tired of the senseless violence, intervened. At that moment, Zealot was about to slice him out of reflex, and without anytime to dodge, Maul shrunk himself down as small as he can to avoid her blade to wind up at the subatomic scale. After this, everyone that had seen this thought he apparently disintegrated.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Titanthrope Ancestry: Maul's powers are in varying levels of power, natural due to the type of a Kheribum he is a crossbreed of. He is a descendant of a specific kind of Kheribum known as a Titanothrope. These giants all possess to varying degrees the same power setup that Maul does. Yet it is very likely that their powers range in levels compared to his own as Maul has been shown to be far tougher and stronger then what the native Kherans were shown to be. There is an obvious difference in power even though it was shown that a native kheran could outfight him. Perhaps the fact that Maul's blood is mostly human has something to do with that. Augmenting him to the level that lets him slug it out with Majestic and run over a Stormwatch and Youngblood Strike Team. This is probably true considering that crossbreeds tend to exhibit powers of a level well above a Kheribum whereas most Kheribums usually merely have enhanced physical attributes and their perpetual eternal life.
- Mass Increase: Maul's primary and pretty much near unstoppable power is the ability to exponentially increase his physical mass. Essentially grow, grow and grow. His sizes have ranged from the size of a semi-truck, to literally dwarfing skyscrapers as depicted during an encounter with another super team, the JLA. The bigger he gets, the more powerful he becomes. Maul's exact size limits have not been found and might not be found. Testing him is nigh impossible for Halo since as he grows he gets uncontrollable. They can only estimate just how strong he's gotten. He's been literally hundreds of feet tall with the potential to grow even larger. The biggest he has ever been depicted at within the actual Wildstorm setting, likely ranged in excess of three hundred feet. Yet it is unlikely this is his max. Maul does have a human form he can maintain, as his civilian guise of Jeremy Stone. The transformation from Jeremy to Maul and back is quick, taking only a matter of seconds to occur and can even be done if he is injured as Jeremy as he once changed automatically after taking bullets. He does not need to concentrate to stay as Maul and will not revert if knocked out. Nor does he shrink if he's big and knocked out. His mass increasing is connected too his anger and thus it triggers easily when he gets enraged.
- Superhuman Strength: As the powerhouse of the WildC.A.T.s it's Maul's job to be strong, and he is. yet he has seemingly proven to be strong enough whenever he needs to be. he is strong enough to support far in excess 100 tons.
- Superhuman Durability: While not truly completely invulnerable, Maul is very hard to injure and keep down for long. He has taken blows from Badrock and Diehard at once and gotten up again, and simply gotten bigger. He's taken repeated blows from Majestic, who is the Wildstorm equivalent of Superman and kept going. The best way to take him out is to hit him very hard before his growth begins otherwise it's literally all over. Maul has been slammed with the wreckage of the MIRV and fallen from a height that literally was miles in the air. His toughness is related directly to how big he is at the time. Big enough, and almost nothing can hurt him.
- Advanced Healing: Despite his vast resistance to injury, Maul is capable of rapidly healing injuries faster and more extensively than a human is capable of.
- Superhuman Endurance: Coupled together with an inhuman endurance level and almost nothing can stop him.
- Regeneration: He can regrow limbs and heal his own wounds in seconds
- Psychic Resistance: Maul also seems to have limited psionic resistance, but this may merely be due to the lack of a functioning mind towards his bigger masses.
- Mass Decrease: Maul can decrease his mass greatly from his normal mass. Its not fully known how far he can go but, he has only gone far enough that he looks emaciated and frail. Whether or not he can continue is not known as even at the level he currently goes to is a danger to his physical health.
Genius-level Intellect: his intellect increases even more then normal human genius when he severely decreases his mass.
- Biochemist: a noble prize winner biochemist
Maul can lift far in excess of 100 tons with minimal effort.
- Maul was in a relationship with Voodoo
- Jeremy Stone is a noble prize winning Biochemist
- 65 Appearances of Jeremy Stone (Wildstorm Universe)
- 20 Images featuring Jeremy Stone (Wildstorm Universe)
- 1 Quotations by or about Jeremy Stone (Wildstorm Universe)
- Character Gallery: Jeremy Stone (Wildstorm Universe)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: