|Real Name||Jeremy Tell|
|Current Alias||Double Down|
|Base Of Operations||Central City, Keystone City|
|Creators||Geoff Johns, Ethan Van Sciver|
Jeremy Tell was a Central-Keystone area con man and gambler, who gained powers when a cursed deck of cards bonded to him. He has since assumed the name Double Down.
during a high stakes game, Tell lost all his money. Angered, he murdered the winner. A mystically "cursed deck of cards" the murdered man owned animated and flew at Tell, cleaving and bonding to his skin. Most of his flesh was seared off, replaced by the cards. They can detach itself on his command, slicing everything in their way.
During his time in prison, Murmur released the Frenzy virus at Iron Heights. Tell tried to escape in the ensuing mass breakout, but was stopped by Pied Piper. He was taken back to solitary confinement. A later attempt to break out was successful.
Green Arrow & Black Canary's Wedding
In the aftermath of the ambush at the wedding of Green Arrow and Black Canary, Double Down hid in the backseat of a car and escaped with Piper and Trickster. He held them at knife-point to help him in joining in their escape. At a roadside diner, Double Down wanted to join the two in their run from the law, afraid of the recent supervillain disappearances. The Suicide Squad had tracked them to the diner, and Double Down was taken in. The other two escaped.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Magic: Double Down's powers are a form of cursed magic and have even cut Superman on one occasion.
- Unique Physiology: Double Down can peel cards from under his skin. He can then throw the cards at a fast enough velocity that they can cut weaker materials, including flesh.
- Double Down often uses puns related to gambling, in much the same manner a Silver Age gimmick villain or a huge jerk would.
- 14 Appearances of Jeremy Tell (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Jeremy Tell (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Jeremy Tell (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jeremy Tell (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: