Jerry Thornton Kent was a successful businessman who owned a small, computer programming business out of his home-office. He lived in an upper middle class coastal community in New England, with his wife, Naomi.
For years, the Kents tried to raise a family, but circumstances prevented them from ever rearing children. One day however, Jerry and Naomi were hiking through the woods when they stumbled upon a small toddler. Neither of them had any idea where the child came from or who he belonged to. After making the proper inquiries, the Kents decided to adopt the baby as their own. Naomi named the child Clark, a derivation of her own maiden name. Neither Jerry nor Naomi had any idea that their son would one day grow up to become Earth's solitary super-hero, Superboy.
Jerry and Naomi lost their lives in a global catastrophe beyond the scope of their understanding. In an event known as the Crisis on Infinite Earths, a wave of anti-matter energy spread across the multiverse eradicating hundreds of parallel dimensions. Earth-Prime and its inhabitants, including Jerry were destroyed in the wave.
- Jerry's death was never explicitly revealed, but inferred through the destruction of Earth-Prime.
- 3 Appearances of Jerome Kent (Earth-Prime)
- 1 Images featuring Jerome Kent (Earth-Prime)
- Quotations by or about Jerome Kent (Earth-Prime)
- Character Gallery: Jerome Kent (Earth-Prime)
- Jerry Kent at dccomics.com
- Jerry Kent at Wikipedia.org
- Crisis on Infinite Earths
- Naomi Kent