Jes-Mo was a native of the city of Kandor on the planet, Krypton. In Kryptonian year 9846 he served as chief scientist under General Pir-El in the waning days of the Last War. After the nation of Erkol devastated the city of Kryptonopolis with a solar-powered robot ship, Pir-El instructed Jes-Mo to design a device that could counter the solar-ship's capabilities. He invented a missile which emitted a thick, black chemical cloud, blocking solar radiation thus disabling the Erkol robot ships. Jes-Mo's invention proved to produce an unexpected (yet serendipitous) side effect however. As the black cloud descended upon the warlords of Erkol, a chemical reaction altered their personalities to such an extent that they adopted a more passive attitude and elected to make peace with their rivals in Kandor.
Jes-Mo possessed no superhuman powers while living under a red sun. Had he existed on a world revolving around a yellow sun, he would have developed physical attributes equitable to that of Superman.
- This version of Jes-Mo (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Jes-Mo's final fate has never been revealed, but it is reasonable to assume that he passed away of natural causes long before the ultimate destruction of Krypton.
- 1 Appearances of Jes-Mo (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Jes-Mo (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Jes-Mo (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Jes-Mo (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: