Little history is known in the story about the Jester other than he had a pet monkey named Harley. He and Lex Luthor broke into a building controlled by the Crime Syndicate. He helped Luthor steal the quantum trigger, a device that allows people to travel into different universes.
An alarm set off in the building sent two villains in pursuit of Luthor and the Jester. The Jester stayed behind, sacrificing himself so that Luthor could escape (and against Luthor's objections.) The Jester was attacked moments later by an evil version of Hawkgirl, and J'edd J'arkus (the evil counterpart to the Martian Manhunter.) The Hawkgirl doppelganger plunged a fiery sword into the Jester's chest, making an apparently fatal wound.
The Jester then took a spherical bomb out of his pocket, and set it off. From the street below, Luthor watched the floor the Jester was on explode. The explosion killed the Jester, J'arkus, and apparently the Hawkgirl counterpart.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Acrobatics, Engineering, and Armed Combat
Staff that squirts acid and an explosive. Also, a spherical bomb capable of destroying an entire floor.
- The Jester was the heroic version of the Joker.
- He had a headquarters that resembled a giant funhouse.
- He had a pet monkey called Harley.
- The Jester had pasty white skin, like the Joker. This suggests a similar origin for the two characters.
Harley, the name of Jester's pet, is also the first name of the Joker's partner in crime and on and off love interest, Harley Quinn
- 1 Appearances of Jester (Crisis on Two Earths)
- 2 Images featuring Jester (Crisis on Two Earths)
- Quotations by or about Jester (Crisis on Two Earths)
- Character Gallery: Jester (Crisis on Two Earths)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.