Joan Dale was the "mystery woman" known as Miss America who was active during World War II. After the war had ended, Joan Dale became a political aide to Tex Thompson during his campaigning years of seeking the Presidential office. She also became his lover, and an issue of Ladies' Home Journal suggested that she might become "the future Mrs. America", hinting at a marriage to Thompson.
In 1949, however, Dale came to meet with Paula Brooks (Tigress) and Lance Gallant (Captain Triumph) one night with a locked diary that she secreted from Thompson's desk, feeling rather troubled about him. Brooks used a bobby pin to pick the diary's lock, and in it discovered that not only was Tex Thompson actually the Ultra-Humanite, but also that Dynaman was really Adolf Hitler's brain put inside Daniel Dunbar's body prior to its transformation. Dale returned the diary hopefully without Thompson's notice, but she was physically abused by him nonetheless.
At a rally in Washington, D.C. in 1950 where all costumed superheroes were to appear by Presidential decree to show their loyalty, Joan Dale publicly exposed Tex Thompson as being the Ultra-Humanite and attempted to also expose Dynaman as being Adolf Hitler in Daniel Dunbar's body when the Ultra-Humanite had Robert Crane (Robotman) silence her by murdering her in public.
- This version of the character is native to the JSA: The Golden Age series of stories.
- Joan Dale is accidentally referred to as Joan Davis in a caption box in Book 3 of the series.
- 3 Appearances of Joan Dale (JSA: The Golden Age)
- 1 Images featuring Joan Dale (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Quotations by or about Joan Dale (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Character Gallery: Joan Dale (JSA: The Golden Age)
Expression error: Unexpected > operator.