Miss America was Joan Dale, a courageous reporter who had a dream in which the Statue of Liberty appeared to her, giving her the power to transmute elements, and instructed her to battle evil. Joan awoke to find that she now had these powers. Adopting a patriotically-themed costume, she began fighting criminals and spies as Miss America.
- Elemental Transmutation: Her own inexperience with the physical sciences initially limited her use of the powers, early in her career, usually using it for simple changes that were not permanent. There appeared to be an upper limit to the size of matter, and the duration of its transmutation, but this was not ever made specific.
- This version of Joan Dale (Quality Universe), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 8 Appearances of Joan Dale (Quality Universe)
- 2 Images featuring Joan Dale (Quality Universe)
- Quotations by or about Joan Dale (Quality Universe)
- Character Gallery: Joan Dale (Quality Universe)
- Miss America at dccomics.com
- Miss America at Wikipedia.org
- Digital Comic Museum: Miss America Quality Archive
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Miss America (DC Comics). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|