Joe Chill was a seaman who had gone mad and drew his sword in the middle of a crowded circus when he came to Gotham City. James Wayne tried to calm him down and was immediately slain alongside his wife in front of their young son Bruce. This traumatic encounter inspired Bruce to become a world-famous psychologist and establish himself at Arkham Asylum.
- This character is never actually named Joe Chill in the comic, but he is clearly intended as a stand-in for the man who killed Batman's parents Thomas and Martha Wayne in standard continuity. He is a mad sailor instead of a mugger, so his identity may be entirely different.
- 1 Appearances of Joe Chill (Batman of Arkham)
- 2 Images featuring Joe Chill (Batman of Arkham)
- Quotations by or about Joe Chill (Batman of Arkham)
- Character Gallery: Joe Chill (Batman of Arkham)
|Elseworlds Character |
This character exists within an Elseworlds continuity, and as such is not a part of the mainstream DC Universe; they may also exist within the 52 Multiverse. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Elseworlds Characters."