History of character has not yet been written.
- Cybernetic Enhancement
- Invulnerability: He also has a high level of endurance and invulnerability as he was able to survive being blown up by Zod, survive having part of the fortress roof being dropped on him and being frozen by Clark and Zod's super breath.
- Superhuman Strength: John's strength seems to be on par with Kryptonians as he was able to pick up Clark and throw him and kick Zod straight into a wall in the Fortress. He was easily able to throw Lois and knock her unconscious. He was also able to smash his way through a block of ice which containing him. (Upgrade) Just to note that he is only capable of effecting Kryptonians with his level of strength when they are weakened in the presence of his green Kryptonite heart.
- Superhuman Stamina: Increased because of bionic enhancements.
- Superhuman Speed: Increased because of bionic enhancements.
- Super-Leaping: Increased strength in legs means than John could jump higher and farther than normal humans.
- Green Kryptonite heart (formerly): Corben's heart was replaced with a kryptonite like battery. His heart emits massive amounts of kryptonite radiation making him almost unbeatable to Kryptonians. Both Zod and Clark had to fight Corben from a distance using only ranged powers as both would have been severely weakened by his presence. John's heart can also shoot blasts of kryptonite radiation which was useful against Clark and Zod.
- Red Kryptonite heart: At the end of Upgrade, Lois gave him a new red kryptonite heart.
- Vulnerability to Elctromagnatism Electromagnetic pulse grenade disabled him, but he restarted instantly and was prepared to kill Lois.
- Clark heated a lead plate and slammed it into his chest. Realizing the weakness of the Blur, He tried to expose his kryptonite heart by ripping the lead plate from his chest, but in the attempt, the meteorite rock stuck to the plate, leaving him without power and shutting him down.
- Formerly a Green Kryptonite heart used as a weakness against the Blur and Major Zod.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and is an adaptation of John Corben/Metallo. The original character was created by Robert Bernstein and Al Plastino and first appeared in Action Comics #252.
- John Corben was portrayed by Brian Austin Green on Smallville.
- 5 Appearances of John Corben (Smallville)
- 8 Images featuring John Corben (Smallville)
- 1 Quotations by or about John Corben (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: John Corben (Smallville)
- Metallo at dccomics.com
- John Corben (Smallville) at Wikipedia.org
- Brian Austin Green at Wikipedia.org
- Brian Austin Green biography page at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
|Smallville television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: Smallville Characters.|
Daily Planet Staff member
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."