|Real Name||John Diggle|
|Aliases||The Arrow, Freelancer, Mr. Andrews|
|Relatives||Andrew Diggle (brother)|
Carly Diggle (sister-in-law)
Andy Diggle, Jr. (nephew)
Lyla Michaels (wife)
Sara Diggle (daughter)
|Affiliation||Team Arrow; formerly Task Force X|
|Base Of Operations||Starling City|
|Occupation||Bodyguard, former soldier|
|Universe||Arrow (TV Series)|
|Creators||Andrew Kreisberg, Marc Guggenheim|
John Diggle was born in 1977. He served in the military, under the command of Theodore Gaynor. Upon his retirement from active duty, he entered private security, a line of work also pursued by his brother, Andrew. When Andrew is killed, Diggle helps out his widow, Carly, and an unspoken attraction develops between them. Diggle is hired by Moira Queen to act as a bodyguard for her son, after he is attacked by unknown assailants. Oliver largely attempted to avoid Diggle as much as he could, much to the bodyguard's annoyance. But when Diggle is injured by an assassin, Oliver is ultimately compelled to reveal his Green Arrow identity to him. Diggle initially resigned, voicing his disapproval of how Oliver had been spending his nights, but ultimately relents, becoming the voice of reason in Oliver's crusade.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Diggle is shown to be a very capable fighter as he broke a man's arm within seconds of fighting him.
- Martial Arts: Diggle has acquired combat skills during his time as a soldier. Due to training with Oliver over the years, his skills have greatly improved.
- Stick Fighting: Diggle is shown to be an expert stick fighter, as he regularly trains with Oliver, using escrima sticks, and on one occasion a wooden staff.
- Firearms: Diggle is very skilled with firearms, he carries a Glock 17 as his sidearm and has used many other firearms such as assault rifles and a grenade launcher.
- Marksmanship: Diggle is a very skilled marksman as shown in his use of firearms. He is also proficient with Oliver's bow.
- Military Protocol
- John Diggle is portrayed by David Ramsey.
- Diggle's brother Andrew is likely named after Andy Diggle, the writer of Green Arrow: Year One, upon which Arrow is largely based.
- 100 Appearances of John Diggle (Arrow)
- 9 Images featuring John Diggle (Arrow)
- 9 Quotations by or about John Diggle (Arrow)
- Character Gallery: John Diggle (Arrow)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Arrow and Flash television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category:Arrow (TV Series) Characters.|
|Team Arrow member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Arrow family of vigilante super-heroes, who fight crime using archery and martial arts. They are a loose connection brought together through family bonds and shared experiences. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Team Arrow members."
Suicide Squad member