John Dolan was a laboratory assistant for Professor Higgins, a scientist who was working with a machine that could change the molecular structure of elements. Dolan was exposed to the machine's effects for too long and his body started changing into different elements without control. Higgins developed a belt to help Dolan control the transformations, but the newfound power drove Dolan into a life of crime. His criminal spree was successful until he was confronted by Batman, who had also acquired the power to transform his body in the same manner as Dolan. Batman was pretending to be a criminal in order to approach Dolan and he managed to trick Dolan into returning to the laboratory and Higgins cured them both. Dolan's mind came back after he was cured and he was exonerated from his crimes. His partners in crime were not so lucky.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- John Dolan has not appeared in a post-Crisis story, but he was referenced when Kobra duplicated his origin to create Elemental Woman.
- 2 Appearances of John Dolan (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring John Dolan (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about John Dolan (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: John Dolan (New Earth)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."