John Henry Irons was a weapons engineer at LexCorp. After Luthor pushed the introduction of the Series Alpha police armor forward, Irons quit his job. He was soon proven right - Corey Mills, who wore the suit, could not bear it and his nervous system overloaded. Irons went on to perfect the suit, and soon after donned it and took the name "Steel". He saved Superman in a fight with Metallo.
After the Thanagarian invasion, he joined the Justice League. He was close to Supergirl, and together with Atom he served as the league's top engineer. He was severely wounded - and his armor destroyed - in a fight with Galatea, but managed to recover quickly.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Steel's Armor: An updated version of the Series Alpha police battle suit.
- Steel was voiced by Michael Dorn in Superman: The Animated Series and by Phil LaMarr in Justice League Unlimited.
- 28 Appearances of John Henry Irons (DCAU)
- 4 Images featuring John Henry Irons (DCAU)
- 1 Quotations by or about John Henry Irons (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: John Henry Irons (DCAU)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
Superman Family member
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.