The Johnny Thunder of Earth-One was a petty criminal who knocked out his heroic counterpart Johnny Thunder of Earth-Two and took control of his magical Thunderbolt when the heroic Johnny tracked him down out of curiosity. The evil Johnny used the Thunderbolt to remove several of the members of the Justice League of America from history and give their powers to his own cohorts, whom he dubbed the "Lawless League". When challenged by the Justice Society of America though, Thunder gave up and wished the events had never happened, returning to a life of obscurity. He later returned to challenge both the JLA and the JSA again but was defeated once more.
- This version of Johnny Thunder, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 4 Appearances of John Thunder (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring John Thunder (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about John Thunder (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: John Thunder (Earth-One)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.