Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
""The Joker's Mild!"": The Joker hijacks an on-air game show, posing as its host, and threatens to kill the contestants if they don't answer absurdly difficult questions. Despite immense protests from his assistant "Carol", the show's producer "Dick" insists on keepin
- So, who's the real sicko, America? Me, for carrying out this little prank? The producers and executives at the network, who let it all happen-- or is it you people, who mindlessly watched it all on your television sets?
- -- The Joker
Appearing in "The Joker's Mild!"
- Dick (Single appearance)
- Carol (Single appearance)
- Marty (Single appearance)
- Barbara (Single appearance)
- Set of "Hold 'Em or Fold 'Em," a Gameshow
Synopsis for "The Joker's Mild!"
The Joker hijacks an on-air game show, posing as its host, and threatens to kill the contestants if they don't answer absurdly difficult questions. Despite immense protests from his assistant "Carol", the show's producer "Dick" insists on keeping the show running live, because the ratings are through the roof. Although the contestants lives are in danger, this does not concern Dick as they have "all signed waivers."
To the surprise of the crowd, after the first contestant "Marty" fails to answer his question correctly, the Joker lets him live, throwing a harmless paper card at him. They are doubly surprised when he lets the other contestant, "Barbara", live as well; squirting her in the face with Ginger-Ale from his corsage.
The Joker then reveals his true motive, he had kept a hidden camera in the Producer's box. To his horror, the Joker plays a tape of Dick's phone conversation with the network executives, and then asks the audience to judge which one of the two of them is really evil.
Batman and the GCPD finally arrive, but the Joker distracts them with a bomb (filled with harmless confetti) and succesfully makes his escape.
- This book was first published on July 2, 2008.
- One of few issues in which Joker does not actually murder anyone.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Joker's Asylum: The Joker Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Joker's Asylum series
- Images from Joker's Asylum: The Joker Vol 1 1
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|Stories||Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth | Batman: The Last Arkham | Arkham Asylum: Living Hell | The Joker's Asylum | Arkham Reborn | Arkham Asylum (video game)|
|Asylum Inmates||The Joker | Two-Face | The Riddler | The Mad Hatter | The Ventriloquist | Scarecrow | Harley Quinn | Poison Ivy | Killer Croc | Zsasz|
|Other Comics||Underworld Unleashed: Devil's Asylum #1 | Showcase '94 | Batman: Mad Love | The Batman of Arkham | Arkham Asylum: Tales of Madness|
|Other Characters||Batman | The Batman Family | Amadeus Arkham | Jeremiah Arkham | The GCPD | Aaron Cash | Alyce Sinner|
|See Also||Arkham Asylum Images | Arkham Asylum Appearances | Gotham City | Batman Villains|
|This box: view • talk • edit|