- Relax... I anticipated this. See, the chemical compounds of the puke gas combine with the active ingredients in the metagene whacker... which I'm told is a frothy little gumbo mixing all our D.N.A. signatures like some meta-melting pot. Stir 'em up and they create a third formula. One I know something about. Hee... it's our ace in the hole.
- -- Joker
Appearing in "Part One: Stir Crazy"
- Slab Inmates
- Batman (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Part One: Stir Crazy"
In the Slab, a prison doctor informs the Joker that after a brain scan, they found he has a malignant tumor and is going to die. After going through the five stages of grief (all in less than five minutes), the Joker starts a massive prison riot in his cellblock, releasing loads and loads of dangerous supervillains. Despite the best efforts of chief-of-security Shilo Norman and his team, the Joker is able to break into the maximum security wing by repetitively murdering Multi-Man until he develops the necessary powers. Black Canary attempts to reach Oracle, but finds that Barbara is for once in her life taking a much-needed break from her duties, on a date with long-time on/off boyfriend Dick. Instead, with the help of Blue Beetle, she decides to enter the prison herself covertly to help put a stop to the madness. Eventually the Joker and his crew are cornered, and the S.W.A.T. team gasses them. But as the rest of the group convulses, the Joker reveals he had planned the entire ordeal, and the gas used by the prison guards was actually the final ingredient he needed to complete a special brand of his venom he's been infecting the other inmates with. As the gas clears, it is revealed that every single supervillain involved in the riot has been "Jokerized", turned into bleached, grinning and insane versions of their former selves.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Joker: Last Laugh Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Joker: Last Laugh series
- Images from Joker: Last Laugh Vol 1 1
- Batman: The Killing Joke
- Batman: The Man Who Laughs
- Batman: Lovers and Madmen
- Batman: A Death in the Family
- Joker: Devil's Advocate
- Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
- The Joker's Last Laugh
- Superman: Emperor Joker
- Superman/Batman: With a Vengeance!
- The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told
- Joker (Graphic Novel)
Links and References
|Joker's Last Laugh Crossover|
This comic issue or event is part of the DC Universe crossover event "The Joker's Last Laugh", spanning nearly every single DC Title, in which the Joker uses his Venom to jokerize all of the supervillains on Earth, and unleashes them on the populace. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Joker's Last Laugh Crossover" category.