The Joker was a non-powered criminal that operated out of an abandoned, run-down mansion on the outskirts of Gotham City. He was the arch-nemesis of the Caped Crusaders Batman and Robin. The Joker was often accompanied by a cackling pet hyena, which he appropriately named Giggles. The Joker committed several outrageous crimes throughout his career, most of which involving theft. Like his contemporary the Riddler, the Joker enjoyed taunting Batman with clues to his crimes, baiting the Batman to outwit him. In one case, the Joker impersonated a scientist named Professor Julius Irwin and stole Irwin's untested prototype hydro-electric sports car. Dubbing it the "Aquacar", the Joker stored the vehicle in Gotham's waterfront district with plans of selling it to the highest bidder. Robin attempted to collar the Joker on his own, but the Joker managed to turn the tables on him, catching Robin in a fishing net. He then impersonated Robin's voice and called Batman, hoping to lure him into an ambush. Batman figured out that he was walking into a trap, and managed to avoid being caught. He captured the Joker in a net whereupon he was duly arrested by Commissioner Gordon.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The New Adventures of Batman and is an adaptation of the Joker. The original character was created by Jerry Robinson, Bob Kane, and Bill Finger and first appeared in Batman #1.
- Joker was voiced by Lennie Weinrib.
- 1 Appearances of Joker (New Adventures of Batman)
- 1 Images featuring Joker (New Adventures of Batman)
- Quotations by or about Joker (New Adventures of Batman)
- Character Gallery: Joker (New Adventures of Batman)