"The Six Gun War Part Two of Six": El Diablo wakes up Jonah Hex at a jailhouse and tells him to carry Lazarus Lane to a nearby hotel, for there is danger that requires their attention. Meanwhile, in Mexico, El Papagayo and his men have captured Talullah Black and Bat Lash. Back in town, El Diab
- Don't go getting all poetic on me, Lash. Ah been in many a worse pickle than this, and there weren't no man alive what could stop me once muh mind was set. The men whut killed Hex will pay... No two ways about it.
Appearing in "The Six Gun War Part Two of Six"
Synopsis for "The Six Gun War Part Two of Six"
El Diablo wakes up Jonah Hex at a jailhouse and tells him to carry Lazarus Lane to a nearby hotel, for there is danger that requires their attention. Meanwhile, in Mexico, El Papagayo and his men have captured Talullah Black and Bat Lash. Back in town, El Diablo tells Jonah Hex that Lazarus Lane will accompany him to Mexico to deal with El Papagayo and his men. Hex disagrees and El Diablo notes that it would be wise to take some company with him, given the number of men at El Papagayo's disposal. Hex reluctantly agrees, vowing to someday find a way to kill El Diablo. Lazarus and Hex head to Mexico.
In Mexico, Black and Lash start discussing how they are going to escape their captors. During their ride to Mexico, Hex and Lane come across a number of Comanche indians, who intend to ride into Mexico and kill many men, including a white man who mines for gold to the south. Hex agrees to fight with the Comanches, but tells them that he must be the one to kill the white man, a Mr. Turnbull. The Comanches agree and tell Hex that the Mexican, El Papagayo, has two prisoners: An angry white woman, and a man with blond hair.
As the sun is rising the next morning, Bat Lash kicks the barred window free of the adobe wall of their prison. Brown and Lash climb out the window and down the roof of the building to find four of El Papagayo's men waiting for them. Talullah attacks one of the men and takes his gun. She then shoots the other three, alerting the rest of El Papagayo's men, who rush out upon hearing the noise. The men put Talullah and Lash against a wall and take aim, ready to shoot them.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Jonah Hex Vol 2 45 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Jonah Hex series
- Images from Jonah Hex Vol 2 45
- Jonah Hex (Volume 1)
- Jonah Hex and Other Western Tales
- Jonah Hex: Riders of the Worm and Such
- Jonah Hex: Shadows West
- Jonah Hex: Two-Gun Mojo
- Weird Western Tales (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Jonah Hex article at Wikipedia
- Jonah Hex page at Toonpedia
- Jonah Hex fan page
- Jonah Hex Blog with a "Body Count"
- Jonah Hex biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Jonah Hex (Volume 2) series index at Comicbookdb.com