"Lovesick": Jonah Hex heads into a small, Mexican town and meets Rosa, who offers him a bath and shave. She then offers sex which Jonah says "no thanks" to. Jonah heads to a bar and asks about Rosa, whom he is told is crazy. A man then challenges Hex to a duel, based on
- Problem is, every town's got a tough guy with aspirations a' bein' a gunfighter. An' in every town I meet one of them fellas, there's a fresh grave and a sad momma cryin' nights 'bout her poor dead son. You boys wouldn't wanna make yer mommas cry now, would ya?
- -- Jonah Hex
Appearing in "Lovesick"
- Rosa (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Lovesick"
Jonah Hex heads into a small, Mexican town and meets Rosa, who offers him a bath and shave. She then offers sex which Jonah says "no thanks" to. Jonah heads to a bar and asks about Rosa, whom he is told is crazy. A man then challenges Hex to a duel, based on a hundred-dollar bet with his friends. Hex quickly dispatches him and his friends. Rosa comes into the bar and again tries to persuade Jonah to sleep with her. Jonah refuses, seeing as how the entire bar is scared of her. Hex rents a room and decides to sleep with his mattress on the ground, blocking the door. Rosa tries to break in, and Jonah has a fight with her. She states that she was going to kill him becuase "No man rejects Rosa". Jonah warns her that by sunrise she'll have wished she had stayed home. The next morning, Jonah mounts up and Rosa runs after him proclaiming her love. She interrupts a procession and ends up beaten by the people in it.
- This issue's art was done by Nelson.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Jonah Hex Vol 2 64 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Jonah Hex series
Links and References
- Jonah Hex at Wikipedia.org
- Jonah Hex at DCU Guide
- Jonah Hex at TV Tropes
- Jonah Hex at Toonopedia
- Jonah Hex at Lonely Geek
- Jonah Hex Blog with a "Body Count"