- I am fear incarnate. I am the terror of Gotham. I am the Scarecrow!
- -- Scarecrow src
Jonathan Crane was a former professor of psychiatry at the Gotham University until he was fired for his experiments in students by exposing them to fear. With vengeance in mind, Crane adopted the moniker of Scarecrow and started an attack spree as vengeance against the University. He was eventually stopped by Batman.
- Fear-Toxin: Scarecrow uses a homemade toxin that makes the infected's fears completely real to them.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Animated Universe and is an adaptation of Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane and first appeared in World's Finest #3.
- Scarecrow was voiced by three actors:
- Henry Polic II voiced the character for Batman: The Animated Series.
- Jeffrey Combs took over the role when the character first appeared on The New Batman Adventures and for the video game Batman: Rise Of Sin Tzu.
- Jeff Bennett took over the character for its second, and final, voiced appearance on The New Batman Adventures.
- Scarecrow's design changed three times.
- Crane made more appearances as an inmate at Arkham Asylum than as the story's main villain.
- 37 Appearances of Jonathan Crane (DCAU)
- 8 Images featuring Jonathan Crane (DCAU)
- 5 Quotations by or about Jonathan Crane (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Crane (DCAU)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."